The Civil Engineering Department is responsible for the delivery of drainage, highways, external works and earthwork designs, flood risk and transportation assessments for a range of developments, including residential, commercial, industrial, education and healthcare, throughout the U.K.
We are seeking a Principal Civil Engineer to lead a team of engineers and technicians in our Nottingham office and to manage and design projects from inception to completion within the Civil Engineering Department.
To be considered for the role you will have a good degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of six years relevant post graduation experience. Ideally a Chartered Civil Engineer, but this is not essential for the right applicant.
The ideal candidate should:
- be proficient in Drainage and Infrastructure Design, including landform appraisal, and cut/fill analysis.
- have a thorough understanding of Adoption Procedures, including Section 104, 38 and 278 Agreements.
- have experience of Flood Risk Assessments and Report Writing, including knowledge of NPPF. Knowledge of FEH, HEC-RAS would be advantageous.
- be computer literate with a working knowledge of AutoCAD, PDS and MicroDrainage/Flow.
- be able to manage a team of Engineers and Technicians whilst also maintaining a hands-on approach to Engineering and problem solving.
- be able to communicate at company board level and demonstrate commercial, negotiation and selling skills.
- have experience of business development, budget preparation and client management.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and hard working. You will be expected to manage the department effectively to meet deadlines, manage projects, assist in the financial control of projects within the department, deal with Clients and other colleagues, and attend meetings.
An excellent package is offered together with the opportunity for consideration to progression to Associate level.
Hybrid working requirements will be considered.